The airfield was never
completed, and used PSP runways.
Used principally as a Glider
Training School (Hotspurs).
Also used briefly in 1943
for 20 (P) AFU (Oxfords)
On 7th Feb 1944 an advance
party from IXth USAF move in to begin trials on a wire mesh
covering over original runway surface.
P-47's used intensively
to test new surface - frequent repairs needed.
June 1944: experimental
surface removed. Station lies dormant until 14 Dec 1944.
Dec 1944: 3MU establish
Subsite closes on 14th